Greetings from Church of Peace!
“Joy to the World!” will be our closing hymn on Sunday as we celebrate God’s gift of joyfulness. The Smet family will light the Advent candles. Come see the empty manger and prepare your heart for Christ’s birth.
Carol Moon and Don Kremer are in the hospital. Please remember them in your prayers.
Pastor Jim has released a video on YouTube. Watch and listen. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll see some familiar faces!
· Saturday – Women’s Birthday Celebration at 10:00 at Rolling Meadows Family Restaurant.
· Tuesday – Holiday BINGO featuring fabulous prizes and delicious lunch to follow. Starts at 11:00 a.m. Please sign up so we can order an appropriate number of lunches.
· Thursday, a week from today – A Service of Remembrance and Hope, specially designed for those of us who’ll be missing someone at Christmastime or who’ve had a tough year. Everyone is welcome to attend this lovely, peaceful service. It is at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 18th.
· Sunday, December 21st – The Children’s Christmas concert at 10:15 a.m.
· Sunday, December 21st - Caroling at 5:00 p.m. (starts with pizza, then on to the bus to bring cheer). Please sign up so we can order the pizza.
· Wednesday, December 24th – Family worship at 4:00 p.m. Candlelight services at 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. All services include Holy Communion. Bring a bell if you have one!
That’s the news from Church of Peace.
We’ll see you in church! Pastors Jenny and Jim
A prayer for today: O God of hope and peace, I pray for your blessing upon my day. Fill my heart with serenity as I live through its hours. Give me gracious words and kindness-filled actions. Above all, keep me aware of your loving presence with me. I pray for Carol Moon and Don Kremer. May they also feel your loving, healing presence within them today. Bless our church staff as they prepare the myriad of events and services which are designed to prepare us for the celebration of Christ’s birth at Christmas. These things I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.